How to Delete Apps on iPhone X? No matter what reasons are underlying, either permanently or temporarily, there must be some users of iPhone X who want to delete certain apps on the phone yet they don’t know how. Fortunately, now we come with the great idea to share you dealing with the easy steps to delete apps on iPhone X.
In this case, is deleting means uninstalling? Basically, both deleting and uninstalling are a similar way of freeing up your phone from unwanted apps. For instance, you need more space in your phone to save your desired app, and this causing you to delete some existing apps to provide more space. In another case, you don’t really need YouTub Kids since you don’t have kids living with you and needing your phone, so deleting or uninstalling it will much of an advantage.
Yeah, those are just some of the reasons why people need deleting apps on their iPhone X. Luckily, we have selected some best ways on how to delete apps on iPhone X and other related information in our article. So let’s have a look at the following sections to get a better understanding of uninstalling apps on iPhone.
How To Delete/Uninstall Apps on Your iPhone
There are some steps to follow if you really insist on deleting some unwanted apps.
- Firstly, choose your unwanted app. tap and hold it for a few seconds. Wait for the icons start appears on the screen. If your phone is featuring “deep presses”, you had better not to press the phone too hard.
- Secondly, uninstall your unwanted app by tapping the small icon of “X” located in the upper left corner of the icon.
- Third, repeat this process for any other apps that you want to delete and uninstall.
- When you are finished with these steps, press the Home button to get out of the iPhone “Jiggle mode”. This way, the modern version of the iPhone X has less home button. Thus, you just need to tap “Done” that you can find on the upper right corner of your screen.
- If you do nothing for around 30 seconds, the iPhone will automatically exit the mode on its own. All you need to do is just to tap and hold the icon. And press enter.
See whether your iPhone has an “X” such as Messages and Safari. If it doesn’t have any, it means that the phone comes with the built-in app along with iOS. You cannot delete this app. You can only die the app from your iPhone’s screen and function of search. Read Also: How to Change Location on iPhone
Uninstall Apps Through App Storage in Settings
The next best tip on how to delete apps on iPhone X is to uninstall the apps through the app storage in settings. This is just another option you can take to help you use settings to delete the apps. How can it be possible? Do you know why setting can help you so? It is because the settings app can show you how large an app is. So if you want to free up space on your phone, you must know which apps that use the most storage spaces. So you can also choose which app that you can delete or uninstall.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Open Settings app on your iPhone X.
- Click on “general” and click on “iPhone Storage”.
- Scroll down to check the list of installed apps from the largest to smallest.
- Click on any app you want to delete or uninstall.
- Click on “Delete app” and confirm that you want to delete the app. The confirmation can be seen in the window appears on your screen.
There is one more option to delete apps from iPhone through setting. It is an option “Offload App” that you can choose. However, if you delete apps using this option, the apps will be deleted effectively but your data are still kept safely. If someday in the future you want to reinstall the deleted apps, the data will be back to your phone. It is just a flexible way on how to delete apps on iPhone X.
One thing to remember is the fact that this way of deleting apps cannot promise you lots of space because the data can also take up some more space than the app itself. Read Also: Why Is My Face ID Not Working?
Reinstalling Purchased Apps
Is it possible to reinstall the purchased apps on your iPhone X after you have deleted them? Why not? Thanks to the app store that always remember about your purchasing apps in the past. Though you might have deleted them, you can definitely download them again without being required an additional cost. In another world, reinstalling the purchased apps is free of charge. You don’t have to pay again as long as the apps are still available in the app store. On the other hand, if the apps are no longer available, you cannot expect to download them.
Cannot Delete Apps on iPhone X? Here Is How To Fix It
When you are finished with all the steps above but you cannot delete the app in your iPhone, no worry! There is one more solution you can take into account. In most cases, this is due to the fact that there is no “X” icon to delete the apps. So how can you delete the apps without such icons? You will likely get stuck in this problem, right?
To help you get out of the situation, we also include a step-by-step guide to fix “cannot delete apps on the iPhone”. Look at the brief instruction below:
- The 3D touch menu on your iPhone X should not be active.
- Delete the waiting apps.
- Enable the restrictions in order that you can delete the apps.
- Restart the phone forcefully.
- Go to settings to delete the apps.
So which of the methods on how to delete apps on iPhone X are you going to use? Make sure you opt one method along with the steps by steps that fit your phone much.