If you are wondering about how to get Snapchat on PC, there are actually ways to do so. A lot of people are skeptical about having Snapchat for the desktop, considering that Snapchat was originally designed and released for mobile devices. Before you learn the how-to steps, it would be great to know what Snapchat is and how it is even possible to have one on your PC. So, let’s start the journey!
In case you haven’t known it. Snapchat is a popular and likable photo messaging app. The idea is to enable users to send videos and photos – but to groups of users and contacts only. And then the app has its own time limit so the contents (photos and videos) will be gone forever. As the sender, you are able (and be free) to set the time limit. Let’s say that you want to send silly pictures of yourself to your circle of friends but you want them gone after 5 minutes. Use Snapchat and you can have a blast! Snapchat is considered a fun app – if you know how to do it right.
How to Get Snapchat on PC?
A lot of people have thought about Snapchat for desktop because of several reasons. For a starter, not everyone is happy with the small screen. Some people wish they can use the app on a bigger screen. And PC allows such an arrangement. With the PC, the big and wide screen gives you a better visual experience – which you can get from the smaller mobile devices. Second, you will have to use your finger to navigate the screen on mobile devices. And believe it or not, not everyone likes it. Some prefer using the mouse to control the navigation – and the app installed within a PC enables such operation.
Third, some people complain about the quality image of the camera on their mobile devices. For them, the poor quality is just a turn off. The knowledge of how to get Snapchat on PC is truly helpful (at least for them), because they enjoy better quality (of the videos and images) whether sent to them or when they create those contents.
Can You Install Snapchat for PC?
You can ‘sort of’ install the app for PC. It is a known secret that most app developers and manufacturers don’t really like the idea to ‘move’ their apps to desktops. Companies like Facebook or Instagram hadn’t allowed web browsing to their users. And then they started allowing comment replies or message respond through the browser. And now, you can use Facebook on your desktop’s browser. And this is when an emulator comes to the picture.
BlueStacks is a popular emulator for Android, which enables mobile OS to run on your desktop computer. The concept is to imitate the Android platform within your PC, enabling the PC to run like an Android device. You will have to download the emulator so you can open Snapchat within your PC – or at least, that’s the idea.
How to Install Snapchat for PC
Snapchat is like Facebook in the past. They don’t seem to like having such an app for desktop. These are the steps on how to get Snapchat on PC with the emulator.
- Go to the browser (on your PC) and bluestacks.com/download
- Choose the option ‘Download BlueStacks’ so you can download the installer
- Once the download completes, you should be able to see .exe file
- And then you should see an installation window. Choose the option ‘Install now’. Just wait for both the download and extraction process to complete
- Once the process completes, the program (BlueStacks) will automatically open on its own. There is an option ‘Google Play Store’. Double click it so you can open it.
- Choose the option ‘Sign In’ so you can get into your (Google) account. Provide your phone number or email information as well as the password within the provided slots.
- When you are already signed into your account, you need to go Google Play Store. You won’t be confused because it has similar appearance to the one in the Android device.
- At the search field (which is located on the top side), type in Snapchat. And then Enter.
- You will get the official app. Go with the option ‘Install’
- Once the (installation) process completes, you can go with the Option.
- In the BlueStacks alone, Snapchat will open (it’s within the new tab). The appearance is just the same as the one on mobile app. You need to choose Log In and then fill in your email address (or the username) and also the password.
Although you now know how to get Snapchat on PC, it doesn’t always end up with fruitful and the desired outcome. The emulator won’t guarantee your success in accessing your Snapchat account. Some people claim that they used the newest version of BlueStacks (version 3 and 4) and problems began to appear. It may be safer to consider older version of BlueStacks (version 2, for instance). Older version of the emulator won’t make a huge different, but there is no guarantee either. Well, you won’t know how it is going to be if you don’t try it.
And a lot of users also encounter a common issue: They can’t log into their (Snapchat) account for PC. If you get messages like “Something is wrong. Please try logging in again after a while”, then it is likely not because of your own account or the account details. It is highly likely that the app identifies you using an emulator and it prevents you from getting into your account. If this is your case, the only way to solve it is to reach out to Snapchat support. And you will have to stick to your mobile device when using Snapchat.
As you can see, the possibility of having Snapchat for PC to work smoothly well isn’t always 100% – even with the emulator installed. You are welcome to try all the methods and steps, but there is no guarantee, really. Knowing how to get Snapchat on PC can help but it doesn’t always guarantee a full success.