Is it possible to get iMessage on PC? If you like the messaging platform, you probably want to consider the possibility of having the app for your PC – which is generally running on Windows OS. It is understandable why you (and other thousands of people in the world) love using the app. As one of the best (messaging) platforms, it offers a lot of features and convenience. Too bad, it is only accessible for Apple users.
Of course, there are still other messaging apps (such as Facebook Messenger and Instagram), but Apple fans are quite hardcore loyalists. Once they say that they love iMessage, then they will stick on it. It’s just too bad that the app isn’t available for Windows.
However, there are actually several alternatives that you can use to have iMessage for Windows. It’s a good thing that we live in a modern era where technology plays a crucial role. And the same technology is also the one giving you alternatives to having iMessage on a different operating system. Follow the steps below – no matter whatever Windows version you have. Whether it is Windows 7, 8, or 10, they are all applicable.
Chrome Remote Desktop for Mac
This is how you can get iMessage on PC but you still need Mac operating system and another computer with Windows OS. You are able to use Chrome Remote Desktop extension. It is the fastest and easiest way to download iMessage and using it. You see, Chrome Remote Desktop enables you to gain access (remotely) to another computer through Chromebook or Chrome browser. So, while your Mac is running, Windows can access it remotely. This way can give you straightforward access to your emails, documents, apps, files, and so much more. If you want to use this, make sure you have both Windows and Mac computers side by side, running together.
Here are the steps to do it:
- Prepare the Mac (with iMessage on it) and the Windows operating system
- Download Chrome and then install Chrome Remote Desktop. Do it on both computers (Mac and Windows OS)
- Run those apps on both of your devices
- Download Chrome Remote Desktop Host Installer on the Mac
- Opan and launch the installer. Afterwards, follow the instructions on the screen so you can complete the installation
- You will have to connect your Windows and Mac computer through the security code (provided on Chrome Remote Desktop). Once this stage completes, you should be able to use iMessage within the Windows desktop.
Running iMessage on PC iOS Using Emulators
Using the emulator is another way on how to install iMessage on PC. This is basically software (third party) creating a virtual iOS ecosystem within the PC so users are able to install and then use iOS apps within their Windows environment or computer. This can be a handy way for those who don’t have Mac but want to use the iMessage (within their Windows PC).
For this way to work, you have to download iPadian and install it. With it, you should be able to download iMessage and then use it on your Windows computer. Of course, you are free to use other emulators for this purpose. You can always do your research and pick one that suits you the best. For iPadian, it is the iPad emulator allowing users to change Windows computer – giving you the ability to use iMessage from your desktop. It includes Adobe Air application (the standalone one). But be advised that not all emulators are safe. Some may even be the gateways of malware. Only choose the trusted ones from reliable sources.
The stages are:
- Download iPadian emulator on your PC
- Run it
- You need to read terms and conditions, and accept it
- Wait until the process completes. Then open iPadian within your Desktop computer
- On the search bar, type in iMessage. Once you have found it, download it.
- Open iMessage app. Enjoy using the app!
Keep in mind that jailbreaking should be your last resort. No one suggests you to do this, but let’s face it, it is also one of the available options. If you opt for this one, you basically ‘break’ into your iOS and replace it with a new OS – giving your more freedom and flexibility. Jailbreaking would change the way your iOS work (and mostly feel). But then again, it gives you more options when it comes to custom add-ons, tweaks, and apps – those that aren’t accessible or available in the official App Store.
But then again, this isn’t the most recommended way to have iMessage in other platforms or operating systems. Jailbreaking will SURELY make your warranty void. If you choose this way, be ready for the risks. You need to take your own risks.
iMessage for Android Platform
This isn’t exactly how to get iMessage on PC, but you can enjoy iMessage for Android platform. So, iMessage isn’t only accessible for Windows but also Android platform. But in order to work, this method requires AirMessage. And your Mac would act as a server.
How to manage it:
- You need your Mac ready. It should already have AirMessage installed.
- This Mac must run and also stay connected to the net all the times
- At the meantime, install AirMessage on your Android
- Once the installation completes, you should be able to access and use iMessage on your Android device (through the already installed AirMessage).
- As it was mentioned before, your Mac would be the server. That’s why you need to keep it running and stay connected to the net most of the times. Mac is the actual party doing all the hard work while AirMessage is the one doing the communication.
As you can see, each method has its own strength and flaw. Nothing can be 100% successful or convenient – well, unless you really use iMessage within your iOS operating system. Choose whatever method that feels right for your condition and requirement. And be sure you understand all of the benefits and possible risks. Are they all worth getting iMessage on PC for your current situation?